Monday, September 22, 2008

3rd Mainland Bridge

Hey people's....how una dey....Pink Lips(I'm back o) For real.
Soo much has happened to me since my last post (May) and dunno where to start from.
I'll start with 3rd mainland bridge cos thats just doing my head in right now. For the past few weeks, i've been staying in at the weekends on purpose, not like i'm the homely type (I'm like the most restless person ever). I bought dvd series The Wire season 1-5 and watched it in 4 days, day and night, refused to take phone calls or speak to anyone, was too engrosssed and i can tell you its very great if ure looking for something to watch. All of this in the name of not going out and having to sit hours on end in traffic.
Came back from my vacation end of July to learn that the bridge will be shutdown starting from the day i came into town.(I had heard that the bridge will be shut before i left but i paid no attention to it and just thought lai lai, they can never shut it down for repairs. I was shocked when i learnt that they did it. My journey from the airport to my sisters house somewhere in yaba took at least 5hours....as in i kid you not. I was fustrated, i cursed at the system, almost came out of the car to start walking. It was horrible..
I eventually got to my sisters house at about 8pm in the evening and they were like eiya, welcome back in asarcastic way(i chose the worst day to return to the country). Apparently, i got lucky cos i used the back routes, my sis friend had been on her way from maryland from 4.30 pm and didnt get to yaba until 9.45pm.. Horrendous traffic it was.
My daily routine before closure of 3rd mainland was wake up at 6.00am (since i lived near the airport) and i'm on my way to the office in exactly 30mins and hopefully get to work between 8.00am and 8.30 am. Now, i wake up 4.45am or 5.00am so i acn beat the early morning traffic which is really bad from my end. At times like this i almost want to scold my father for not building a house on the mainland....(i mean its toture). You can imagine me i'm tired and sleepy once i get to work as opposed to energized and looking forward to the day or week ahead....
I did this routine for one week and my brain & body couldnt take it anymore so i decided to call a friend of mine who lives on the island, turns out he's out of the country but says its okay to stay at his cos his squatter was there.. I was soo happy, even though it was mid week, i didnt mind, just couldnt hack that traffic thing for another day.

2 comments:

SMSL said...

Hey, i can't blv i'm just seeing this post after 3mths. I also took a brk frm blogsville over the summer, there was no motivation to blog and PHC didn't help either. Hope you will continue blogging or at least reading my blog. xxx

tiffanycaselady said...

Pink lips-howdy

Of course ive been reading your blog, you seldom do these days. still checked it this morning.

TALK ABOUT NO MOTIVATION, IM STILL GOING THRU IT BUT I THINK IM GONNA HAVE TO COME BACK.


There's so much i wanna write about just dunno where to start.